About Me

My photo
i am just me....always smiling...! My posts do tend to go on n on and on.... so pls do bear with me n keep commenting.. ;))

Thursday, February 25, 2010

A trip to the hospital..!

Alrity..... the time interval between my posts has been increasing at an exponential rate...going to surely make some changes... My first post in 2010 and its about a day at the hospital. But the good part is i am not the patient ;-P , had to accompany my grandma for a consultation cos she was not feeling that alrite.. anyways when i ws there i saw a lot of things that made me wanna blog about it.
I have always hated hospitals.... hate all the rush(this is not one of those luxury hospitals, this is one of those co-operative undertakin hospitals)....hate the smell :( kinda reminds me of death..
Anyways we reached there early and got the token and all and was waiting for the doc to turn up...he comes daily only at 10:45 it seems. As we waited, i saw this small boy of about 3 or 4 yrs old i guess with his left arm in a cast, now you would think that he would be in pain or discomfort.... but this fella was actually happy and was running all around with his poor casted hand in a sling, he was running around laughing and in intervals uttering some expletives at an old couple who were somewhat shocked. :-0 Now after a while, the doc finally came and after consultin him decided to get a blood test to check all the necessary stuff like sugar, cholestrol etc.. As we waited in a queue to get the blood test, there was this small gal who was being held by her mother to give blood for testing... I have actually never seen a child having to give a blood test in india and i guess that is why i was really surprised to see the difference between the ways nurses in india and dubai deal with children. The approach is completely different.. here what i was witnessed was the mother and 2 other ladies were holding the kid down to enable the nurse to get the blood in the syringe, the kid was looking and crying helplessly and telling her mother that she wanted it to stop, now after takin some blood in a syringe.. the stupid nurse tells the kid i am going to take one more syringe full of blood....wtf... and proceeds to get more blood and the kid starts crying even louder....!! In dubai what i have seen multiple times is the nurse gets the kids attention, talks to the kid and makes her comfortable and without even the kid realising gets the blood and at the end gives the kid a lolipop for the trouble. I guess there may be other factors to be considered like each kid behaves differently, the standard of the hospital etc..but still... When I do have kids i am surely not gonna bring them to this hospital. :@
At the end of the day, a trip to the hospital still makes me uncomfortable.

1 comment:

  1. Just stumbled upon your blog. Good read Vinay. Keep Blogging:)
    Do take a look at my work when you have the time.
    http://madouthere.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Followers