About Me

My photo
i am just me....always smiling...! My posts do tend to go on n on and on.... so pls do bear with me n keep commenting.. ;))

Monday, October 12, 2009

College Life!














Everyone i knw starts gushin all over, when the topic of college days comes along.....but ive always felt that it was not the college part that i miss....it was the out of college activities that i so miss(like those infinite second show movies with roomies, weekend hostel escapes(like jail-breaks hehe..where i jump out of the ground floor bathroom balcony, to escape the warden who is waiting at the entrance of the hostel and one of my buddies(my wheelman) waits for me around a corner), bday treats, trips(most of those trips were not planned much in advance and were more of on-the-spot decisions; like goin to ooty at midnight to have tea(as if we dont get tea in coimbatore, it was just an excuse to ride and negotiate those numerous hair-pin curves)), those midnight hoggin sessions at the local truck drivers 'dhaba'(funnily i never got an upset stomach eating at those places.... i guess those 2 yrs of(or lack of) hostel food gave me a upset proof - stomach or sumthin) on the national highway or catch a movie by riding from coimbatore to palakkad and all those jokes and incidents that we have shared in the course of the bond of brotherhood or friendship that was formed those 6-7 yrs ago. Ill always miss our may-june and nov-dec 'get-togethers' with my Brothers-in-arrears(sandy and niyu) ;-P at coimbatore, the dominos cheese-burst sessions, dessert at the siddhapudur pal ada parlour and the animals home that sandy opens up every 6 months in our room..hehe... At the end of this period, we do feel that we have become better people overall.(age at the end is a contributing factor too) I guess that is why we call it college "life", a journey that almost everyone goes through at one point in life, a memory of a life-time....;-D

We have tried to make it a point to meet every 6 months or so on a regular basis, but alas all of us have started going on our seperate ways(ppl r gonna get married, others r goin off to pursue higher education and some of us are going to make a living in the oil-rich region tht we call the middle-east....but I do carry with me a silent hope that we do try to make things work and arrange a get-together atleast once a year.

1 comment:

  1. Dude...u made me miss those days again.. those moments of life....it feels handicapped wen u know those days r gone n never wud they come back....

    ReplyDelete

Followers